Twitter Tips For Geelong
Firstly I’d like to say that there are many different Twitter strategies businesses can take and these are a few that have worked for me over the years and I have tried and tested these with multiple twitter accounts and wanted to share this with you all, some may work for you and some may not but they are all worthy of trying.
- Firstly, follow as many local Tweeps as you can, this sounds silly but the first point of contact you may have with a potential client is that initial “follow” notification they receive via email. This may be the first time they realise that your business even exists! Do it!
- Engage with the people you follow but ensure its within reason and don’t over do it. For example, as a business owner of an IT company I was very keen to tweet back to tweeps having technical issues. This has led me to build some awesome relationships in the Geelong area and brought in some business my way. This would work for a coffee shop on a cold day or an ice cream shop on a hot day.
- Do not try to sell 100%, being yourself and having personality goes a long way to build relationships.
- If you are a small business owner in Geelong, use a photo of yourself as your avatar, you become so much more approachable when you show tweeps who you really are.
I will leave it for there and will add to this blog as time goes by, the above may sounds simple but it amazes me how many business don’t utlilise these simple steps to increase client base.
Till next time, stay social. (That’s as corny as it gets!)
Please let me know your thoughts in the comments section below.
Latest posts by Reyan Fernando (see all)
- LinkedIn Background Image: Create Your Own Word Cloud - October 18, 2014
- How a local dad became an author – Sentari: Ice - August 9, 2014
- Put the “Social” back into Social Media - June 22, 2014